The dissimilarity of racing the 12 Hours of Sebring to racing in the streets of Long Beach, California could non exist greater, but BMW Squad RLL is looking for a similar result – a 1-2 BMW end in the American Le Mans Series GT grade.

In the four weeks since the success at Sebring, the team has been preparing for a race only two hours long with increased attention to maximizing the awarding of the M3 GT's V8 ability to the rear Dunlop tires. Quick acceleration out of the tight temporary street circuit corners is critical to fast lap times at Long Beach – particularly exiting the hairpin turn that leads onto the longest directly.  Both cars volition be aerodynamically trimmed to maximize downforce.

MG 32891 655x363 Last season the race at Long Beach produced a third consecutive podium finish for the team. With the one-2 stop at Sebring, BMW Team RLL enters Long Embankment in the lead of every ALMS GT title category.

"We could non have asked for a better result in Sebring…merely that was but the offset round of a long fight for the championship," said Bobby Rahal, Team Main. "I remember the win definitely helped our confidence and at the same time, it also put the target on our back, then we volition demand to keep improving every calendar week if we desire to exist in the hunt at the cease."

Bill Auberlen, commuter No. 55 M3 GT – "Long Embankment is my domicile track.  I've been all over the victory podium, just never on the peak spot. I believe this is our year. Nosotros accept the car, the team and the tire to win it."

Dirk Werner, driver No. 55 M3 GT – "A street excursion is ever a claiming and experience is quite valuable. You don't have a lot of practice time to experience comfortable and to ready upwardly the car. This will be simply the 2nd time I've raced at Long Beach, just with Bill being my teammate, I'm sure I'll get some valuable information how to race in his "living room".

Joey Hand, driver No. 56 M3 GT – "Long Beach is great fun! The tight corners and large field makes information technology a street fight! My momentum could not exist meliorate with my two biggest career wins leading me into this race. BMW Team RLL is making a big button for Long Embankment. Our focus is on the championships and we want to win each race."

Dirk Mueller, driver No. 56 M3 GT – "I am very excited about Long Beach. It has been always a very special event for me. I do very much like street circuits and especially Long Beach. I know that after our fantastic event in Sebring the whole squad will be highly motivated again to echo this great success."

Practice and qualifying for the American Le Mans Serial at Long Beach will exist held on Friday, Apr 15 with the two-hr race scheduled to take the green flag at 4:30 p.m. PT Saturday, Apr 16. The race volition be broadcast alive on ESPN3.com and rebroadcast on EPPN2 from 5 – 7 p.k. ET on Sunday, Apr 17.

BMW RLR Sebring 20111 655x435